1/1 Photo of Venison Minestrone
I had a little vension left over from making stew and wanted to try something different. I used what I had on hand and thought it came out pretty good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups venison, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 cup elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Melt butter in large pot over medium high heat.
- 2Saute onions and garlic til just tender.
- 3Add vension and saute til cooked through.
- 4Add the rest of the ingredients except for the uncooked pasta.
- 5Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- 6Add pasta.
- 7Simmer for additional 10-15 minutes until pasta is done.
- 8Serve topped with Parmesan cheese!
Browse Our Top Deer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Venison Minestrone
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.8
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 563.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
dried Italian seasoning