I had a little vension left over from making stew and wanted to try something different. I used what I had on hand and thought it came out pretty good!
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups venison, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 cup elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Melt butter in large pot over medium high heat.
- Saute onions and garlic til just tender.
- Add vension and saute til cooked through.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the uncooked pasta.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add pasta.
- Simmer for additional 10-15 minutes until pasta is done.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese!