Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Born and raised in Louisiana, we can come up with the weirdest things to eat. This is simple, quick and all in one pot.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 LBS)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked (8oz)
- 3⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese, cut up
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- Saute’ onion and garlic in Pam or butter till wilted.
- Add chicken, cook and stir on medium high heat for about 2 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in broth.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir in macaroni, reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Add VELVETTA cheese and broccoli: stir until Velvetta is melted.
- Macaroni is likely to stick.
- It is recommended that during cooking time, stir and unstick pasta.
- If liquid is absorbed and macaroni is not tender, add a lil more water, stir, cover and cook for a few more minutes.
- Corn makes a good side for this dish.
My DH really like this recipe. I made it with rice instead of macaroni. Thanks for sharing!
This is very tasty! My family enjoyed it so much, I've already made it more than once. I did try it in the crock pot, and found that it didn't turn out as well, so back to the original recipe for me.
My family enjoyed this dish. I will make it again!