Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Macaroni
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 3⁄4 lb Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cut up
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- Cook and stir chicken in large skillet sprayed with no stick cooking spray 2 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in broth.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir in macaroni, reduce heat to medium low; cover with tight fitting lid.
- Simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Add cheese and broccoli; stir until cheese is melted.
Join The Conversation
My boys and I liked this but my husband didn't. I used a pound of chicken tenders cut up and added a good bit of pepper when they were cooking. I steamed my broccoli before adding it to the mixture and had used fresh broccoli that I had leftover from New Years Eve. I added 8 ounces of shredded velveeta. I thought it was a good, quick weeknight meal.
My husband really liked this (of course, he would have preferred NO broccoli!!) I would suggest steaming the broccoli to your desired tenderness. I steamed it in the microwave for 4 minutes and it could have stood another 2-3 minutes. We will have this again. I know my grandchildren will love the cheesiness. Thanks.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello, My real name is Michelle and I have spent my whole life here on the (New) Jersey shore. I am in my early 50s, single, no children, and have just recently retired after 32 years of teaching Special Education. I'm looking forward to spending time with my many hobbies in the sewing and crafting field.