Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
OK, so even if you are not a vegetarian (like I am) or don't like tofu (like me) you will love these zesty veggie wraps! They are chock full of healthy goodness, but also packed with irresistable flavor.
- 14 ounces firm tofu (cubed)
- 1 large carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 cup zucchini (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cups white mushrooms (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby spinach leaves (chopped)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 4 large tortillas (sundried tomato)
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup salsa (we prefer peach)
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil (for frying)
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Cube tofu and place in oil.
- Prepare all vegetables for sauteing. Add all vegetables one at a time (except spinach) to tofu in order above, spacing each addition by approximately 45 seconds.
- Pour in salsa of choice and lightly simmer.
- Steam wraps in microwave.
- Spread sour cream onto wraps and sprinkle with spinach and cheese. Spoon equal amounts of veggie/tofu mixture into each wrap.
- Roll up and enjoy with a fork or just in your hands!
I tried this on a health-kick whim and was pleasantly surprised. It was really flavorful and very filling without being heavy. I just used regular tortillas and regular salsa and really liked it! Thanks for this keeper!
This was sooo yummy! I made it for my sister (a strict vegetarian) and even my meat and potato lovin' husband wolfed it down! The peach salsa is a must. So delicious!