Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A healthy, tasty alternative to French fries. Great as a side dish or a snack.
- 10 red potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 sun-dried tomatoes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄3 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- Put veggie broth and coarsely chopped onion into a frying pan and bring to a boil while you slice the potatoes into about 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Toss in potatoes, cut the sun dried tomatoes into small pieces and toss them inches.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Toss in sliced mushrooms.
- Simmer until all the broth has been mostly absorbed by the potatoes.
- Really yummy and simple.
Basically a recipe for boiled potatoes with some extra taste from the broth and the tomatoes (the mushrooms don't add much). Definitely healthier than french fries, but then almost anything is.
Great, tasted healthy and peppery, but had the added zing of sundried tomatoes. I would make them again, but not the kind of thing you crave (too healthy I guess :) ), but don't get me wrong, delicious!
tasted great, i doubled the recipe for a big dinner party i had. everyone loved it. great healthy recipe!