Recipe by Meghan
A healthy, tasty alternative to French fries. Great as a side dish or a snack.
Top Review by Is This Really Necessary
Basically a recipe for boiled potatoes with some extra taste from the broth and the tomatoes (the mushrooms don't add much). Definitely healthier than french fries, but then almost anything is.
- 10 red potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 sun-dried tomatoes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄3 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Put veggie broth and coarsely chopped onion into a frying pan and bring to a boil while you slice the potatoes into about 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Toss in potatoes, cut the sun dried tomatoes into small pieces and toss them inches.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Toss in sliced mushrooms.
- Simmer until all the broth has been mostly absorbed by the potatoes.
- Really yummy and simple.