Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another from Taste of Home's "Light and Tasty." My version doesn't use oil.
- 10 ounces tilapia fillets (2 fillets @ 5oz each)
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped (3 oz)
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, finely chopped (3 oz)
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seafood seasoning (Old Bay or similar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese
- Place fillets in a baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drizzle with wine or broth and sprinkle with seafood seasoning.
- Combine the onion, green pepper, tomatoes, lemon juice, and garlic powder; spoon over fillets.
- Cover and bake at 425* for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake about 5 minutes longer…until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Excellent recipe. My boyfriend loved it, and he's not a big fish eater. I used the white wine, which I think gave it a wonderful flavor. The recipe is easy and healthy, and I'll be making it regularly. Thanks for sharing it!
This was an EASY HEALTHY TASTY way to make tilapia! I omitted the wine or chicken broth and spray oiled my fillets instead which allowed the seasoning to stick to them. This was YUMMY with Garlic Lime Tartar Sauce. Made for Pick-A-Chef Fall 2007.