Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Homemade pot pie that tastes great as leftovers and also freezes well.
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or Imagine No-Chicken Broth)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 5 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 ear of corn
- 5 ounces frozen spinach
- Prick one pie shell with a fork and cook on 375 for 5 minutes.
- Break the other pie shell into small pieces while frozen, then place it back in the freezer.
- Bring the broth to a boil and sift in the flour. Add the spices and mix well until the consistency of gravy.
- Layer the cheese and vegetables in the pie crust. Pour the broth on top. Cover the top with broken pie shell to cover.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned.