Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe courtesy Andy Bacigalupo Show: From the Kitchens Of... Episode: Hidden Valley: Lunch Creations
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 lemon
- 4 large radishes, washed and peeled
- 1 small carrot, washed and peeled
- 1 small turnip, washed and peeled (sub jicama, water chestnuts, or celery)
- 3 sprigs fresh herbs (such as parsley, dill or cilantro)
- 3 whole-wheat flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 1 cup salad greens, rinsed and patted dry
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated (or other cheese)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing, seasoning mix
- Slice the avocado lengthwise and remove the pit. Use a spoon to scoop the avocado into a small bowl, and then use a fork to mash the avocado. Rinse the lemon and cut in half, removing the seeds. Squeeze a little lemon juice onto the avocado and stir. Grate the radishes, carrot and turnip, and add to the avocado.
- Rinse the herbs and pluck the leaves. Tear the leaves into smaller pieces, and stir into the mashed avocado.
- Warm 1 tortilla in a microwave 30 seconds, or longer if necessary, and place on a cutting board. Spread one-third of the mashed avocado over the center of the tortilla.
- Layer with one-third of the greens and top with one-third of the cheese. Squeeze some more lemon juice over the filling.
- Season lightly with 1/2 teaspoon of the Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix. Roll the tortilla tightly into a log shape. Use a sharp knife to slice the wrap into 4 'pinwheels'. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and avocado mixture.