Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 cups 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) carton low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 (26 ounce) jar meatless sauce
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl combine the cottage cheese,ricotta and parsley.
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan coated with non stick spray.
- Top with noodles and a third of the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with half of the carrots, broccoli, zucchini ans squash.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Top with a third of the mozzarella.
- Repeat layers of noodles, cheese mixture, vegetables, sauce and mozzarella.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
- Uncover bake 15 more minutes or until noodles are tender.
- let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is very good. I substituted spinach for the summer squash and it came out very good. I could have left if in the oven another 10 minutes, the vegetables were not quite right, but overall it is a great recipe and it takes very little time to prepare. The taste is unusual if you are a vegetable freak like me. Eating it by it self is just fine.