Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Are you looking for a quick easy way to change up your regular breakfast routine of scrambled or fried eggs? Well the Frittata might just be the change you’re looking for. When topped with Maple Glazed Sausage it becomes even better Check out more recipes like this at http://www.EatingInBed.com
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 5 -6 baby portabello mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 red onion, diced
- 1 whole bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- You will need an Oven Safe Pan for this, or a Baking Dish you can use on the Stove. I used a Pie Dish on the Stove.
- Beat your Eggs, Add the Seasoning and Mozzarella Cheese.
- Stir, Set Aside.
- Turn Oven on to Broil.
- Heat a Pie Dish to Medium High Heat with the Butter until melted.
- Add the Chopped Onion, and Bell Peppers.
- Let Cook 2 -3 Minutes.
- Add Mushrooms.
- Cook another 2 -3 Minutes.
- Add Spinach.
- Cook until just barely Wilted.
- Add Eggs.
- Stir to Combine Veggies and Egg, lower heat to medium.
- Top With Cilantro.
- Cook about 3 -4 Minutes or until the egg is beginning to Set on top.
- Put the Eggs in the Oven for 3 Minutes.
- Top with remaining Cup of Mozzarella Cheese.
- Return to oven for another 3 Minutes or until the Cheese is beginning to Brown.
- Pull out, let cool 5 Minutes, serve with sliced cilantro and tomato as garnish.
- Heat a Medium Pan to Medium High Heat.
- Add Sausage and break it up with a Wooden Spoon.
- Stir it every couple Minutes until the Sausage is nice and Browned.
- Add your Syrup and Stir to Combine, Add more if you’d like.
- Remove from Heat and Serve!