Recipe by DustyPyatt
Assemble two of these, then throw one in the freezer! This dish comes together in a snap and is yummo!
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup egg substitute (or 4 eggs)
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil (at the time of cooking)
- 4 ounces spaghetti noodles (at the time of cooking)
Directions See How It's Made
- Process all veggies.
- In a qt sz freezer bg combine all veggies, pesto and Italian seasoning. Seal the bag. Be sure to squeeze out as much air as you can.
- In a qt sz freezer bag combine egg and milk. Smoosh to combine. GENTLY squeeze out as much air as you can (very important -- ice is the enemy of freezer food).
- At this point I choose to also add in a snack size baggie of the 1/3 C parm cheese. Just so I don't have to worry about not having it later! But it's up to you if you want to leave it out.
- In a large freezer bag place all the other baggies, print the recipe and place it on the inside, squeeze out air and seal. Or you can write the recipe # on the bag and pull it up later.
- Thaw in fridge, preheat oven to 375.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water (can also be done ahead of time and frozen drained and cooled in a baggie).
- Add oil to a 8x8 baking dish. Sprinkle bottom of pan with 2 T parm cheese.
- Place noodles next, then veggies, then pour egg mixture inches.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining parm and bake for 25-30 minutes or until it is cooked thru and has set.