1/1 Photo of Veggie Frittata
This recipe comes from an Argentinian grocery store booklet. In America this is more of a breakfast dish. In Argentina we never have it for breakfast (we are to busy eating those fabulous Argentinian pastries) it is usually lunch or a light dinner, accompanied by a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a sauté pan, over medium heat, pour 2 tbs olive oil and cook onion for 5 minutes.
- 2Add carrot, zucchini, and squash; cover pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 3Put veggies in a bowl and let them cool down. Then add cheese, salt, pepper and beaten eggs. Stir.
- 4Pour the rest of the olive oil onto sauté pan and heat and then incorporate the egg mixture.
- 5Agitate the pan so that the mixture extends evenly.
- 6Lower the heat and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes and turn over a plate.
- 7Pour back into pan and cook for an extra 2 or 3 minutes.
- 8Eggs are better pale than golden.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.6
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 479.8 mg
- Sodium 801.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 22.1 g