Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Perfect way to use up left over rice!
- 44.37 ml diced onions
- 44.37 ml diced carrots
- 59.14 ml frozen peas
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml dried parsley
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 709.77-946.36 ml leftover rice
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml hot Chinese mustard (optional)
- Beat the eggs with the parsley and the garlic.
- Saute the onions, carrots, and peas in a large saute pan with straight sides, on medium heat. Once soft, pour in the egg mixture and scramble until set. Turn the heat down to medium low.
- Carefully stir in the rice, soy sauce, and mustard. Heat until warmed throughly.
I found this recipe while searching for something to make using Chinese mustard, and we loved it. Very healthy and tasty. If you're not using the Chinese mustard, I recommend that you try it in this recipe.
Very good and easy. Made as written including Chinese mustard, which I will probably omit next time, but have available at the table, along with extra soy sauce. I used my big Le Creuset pot, which allowed me to toss everything and confine it to the pot :). Made for August 2011 Veggie Swap.
Delicious! I made as written except to use sesame oil instead of veg oil. This went very well with teriyaki salmon. Thank you VeggieCook! :)