Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
An easy to make crockpot chili. Easy to add different veggies to make it healthier for the family. I make a pot on Monday and then add different seasonings and some broth to turn it into taco soup later in the week since there are only two of us. This is a beautiful chili that pairs nicely with cornbread.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄3 red pepper
- 2 small jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄3 white onion
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- Chop all the of the vegetables. I like to use a mandoline to get them nice and thin.
- Put all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 6-8 hours.