Colorful holiday appetizer that is a nice twist to the usual veggie pizza recipe floating around. Have your kids put this one together while you are flying around the house getting ready. This is from a Pillsbury holiday recipe book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon marjoram or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 3 cups finely chopped assorted vegetables (carrots, broccoli,cauliflower,cucumber, bell peppers, green onions)
- red bell peppers or green bell pepper, cut into 10 thin strips,the rest chopped
- 1You will need 2 ungreased cookie sheets for this.
- 2Preheat oven to 375*.
- 3Remove dough from cans, do not unroll, will have 2 sections per can.
- 4Cut each section (four total) into 8 slices-16 slices per can; will have 32 total.
- 5Place slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheets to form trees.
- 6To form each tree, start by plaing 1 slice for top, arrange two slices just below that, with sides touching.
- 7Continue arranging a row of 3 slices, then a new row of 4 slices, ending with a row of 5 slices.
- 8Use one last remaining one for the trunk.
- 9Bake one tree at 375* for 11-13 minutes, until golden brown.
- 10Cool one minute,then carefully loosen with spatula and slide onto wire rack to cool.
- 11Bake next tree and cool in the same manner.
- 12Place each tree on a large serving platter.
- 13In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, marjoram and garlic and blend until smooth.
- 14Spread the mixture over both trees.
- 15Decorate the trees with the chopped vegetable mixture, reserving pepper slices.
- 16Use the thin red or green bell pepper strips as a garland, starting with the upper left hand corner and zig zagging to the bottom row.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Crescent Tree
Serving Size: 1 (913 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.6
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.5 mg
- Sodium 95.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: