Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Colorful holiday appetizer that is a nice twist to the usual veggie pizza recipe floating around. Have your kids put this one together while you are flying around the house getting ready. This is from a Pillsbury holiday recipe book.
- 2 (8 ounce) cansrefigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon marjoram or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 3 cups finely chopped assorted vegetables (carrots, broccoli,cauliflower,cucumber, bell peppers, green onions)
- red bell peppers or green bell pepper, cut into 10 thin strips,the rest chopped
- You will need 2 ungreased cookie sheets for this.
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Remove dough from cans, do not unroll, will have 2 sections per can.
- Cut each section (four total) into 8 slices-16 slices per can; will have 32 total.
- Place slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheets to form trees.
- To form each tree, start by plaing 1 slice for top, arrange two slices just below that, with sides touching.
- Continue arranging a row of 3 slices, then a new row of 4 slices, ending with a row of 5 slices.
- Use one last remaining one for the trunk.
- Bake one tree at 375* for 11-13 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool one minute,then carefully loosen with spatula and slide onto wire rack to cool.
- Bake next tree and cool in the same manner.
- Place each tree on a large serving platter.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, marjoram and garlic and blend until smooth.
- Spread the mixture over both trees.
- Decorate the trees with the chopped vegetable mixture, reserving pepper slices.
- Use the thin red or green bell pepper strips as a garland, starting with the upper left hand corner and zig zagging to the bottom row.
This was a really good easy dish that we all enjoyed. I used green peppers carrots and mushroom for the vegetables. I like the addition of the dill in this recipe! I will also try adding some dry ranch dressing and perhaps a little onion powder next time. Thanks for posting!
I made this for the Family Christmas this year. I should post the pic because it was so beautiful! I used fresh dill and everyone LOVED it!
This is yummy and delightful! Good way to get the kids to eat veggies, too. Thank you.