Recipe by PSU Lioness
This made-from-scratch sauce is from "The Higher Taste" cookbook and is meant to be made and served w/ the Vegetarian Kofta Balls.
- 3 lbs plum tomatoes (blended)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon hing
- 1 medium carrot (cut into 8 pieces)
- 2 teaspoons sweet basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic powder and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add carrot pieces and fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in the blended tomatoes and the ramining seasonings.
- Raise the heat and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove carrot pieces and bay leaves.
- Serve w/ Kofta balls over spaghetti.