Recipe by my3girlz
This is my version of stuffed peppers after making and altering about three different stuffed pepper recipes. I didn't measure everything exactly so bear with me here, I will try to be as precise as possible.
- 4 bell peppers (I use red and green)
- 3⁄4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 lb morningstar grillers veggie crumbles
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice off tops of peppers and clean, removing seeds and ribbing.
- In small bowl combine tomato soup and water.
- Saute onion and garlic over medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- Add veggie crumbles, corn, crushed red pepper, ketchup, salt and pepper to taste and about 1/3 of the tomato soup mixture.
- Stir until heated through.
- Stuff each pepper to the top and place in a 8x8 baking dish.
- Pour remaining soup over peppers.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil sprinkle each pepper with pepper jack cheese and bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer.