You could use chopped fresh or canned tomatoes instead of tomato sauce. You can also serve over pasta or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onions, red pepper, garlic, and celery in oil for 2 minutes.
- 2Add tumeric, ginger, cumin and zucchini.
- 3Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 4Add tomato sauce, peas and cayenne pepper and cook until zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Spiced Zucchini in Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.5
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 681.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g