1/3 Photos of Vegetarian Ricepaper Rolls
This is a vegetarian version of ricepaper rolls. Serve with you rfavourite asian sweet chilli or other sauce. Makes approx 30 rolls You can add cooked chicken or prawns/shrimp if you wish. You can also add in cooked and drained rice vermicelli noodles if desired. For gluten-free check your fish sauce and dipping sauce are gluten-free suitable
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 sheets rice paper
- 100 g snow peas, finely sliced lengthways
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1/4 green cabbage, finely shredded
- 30 leaves coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or 1 tablespoon tamari or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 8 green onions
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely sliced (sweet bell pepper)
- 30 sheets rice paper
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1Prepare veges.
- 2Place the shredded cabbage in a bowl with the lemon juice and fish sauce to marinate.
- 3Soak the rice paper sheets, 2 to 3 at a time, in cold water for approximately 2 minutes. Lift out carefully and place on a damp tea towel to continue softening. When they are fully soft and pliable they are ready to use.
- 4Using one softened rice paper sheet at a time. Place a small amount of each vegetable and 1 piece of coriander/cilantro on the edge of the paper. (Suggested amounts are 1 to 2 slices of each vegetable and about 1 teaspoon of carrot and cabbage.) It's better to under rather than over fill the rolls as they can become difficult to roll.
- 5Roll up the rice paper, tucking in the edges. Place on a platter or tray. Continue with the other sheets of rice paper until all the filling is used. You can completely wrap the filling to look like a spring roll parcel or can leave one end folded neatly open to show the colourful fillings.
- 6Serve rice paper rolls cold or at room temperature, and use sauce to dip rolls into. I like to use asian style sweet chilli sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Ricepaper Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 24.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: