Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
- 1⁄2 cup pitted dates
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 large orange
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 (6 ounce) can salted cashews
- About 30 minutes before serving or early in day: Prepare couscous as label directs.
- Cut each date into 3 pieces.
- Reserve a few sprigs parsley for garnish later.
- Chop enough remaining parsley to measure 3 tablespoons.
- Grate peel and squeeze juice from orange.
- In large bowl, with fork, mix orange peel, orange juice, olive or salad oil, cider vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Add couscous, dates, chopped parsley, currants, ginger and cashews; toss to mix well.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs.
- Cover and refrigerate if not serving right away.