1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Noodle Casserole
1 hr 43 mins
Main dish or side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped broccoli floret
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped yellow squash
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Cook the noodles until just tender by following the package directions; drain and transfer noodles to a large bowl.
- 2In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add in the onion and next 4 ingredients; stir/saute for about 8 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
- 3Reduce heat to low; add in the milk, cheese, salt, and pepper; stir until the cheese melts.
- 4Pour mixture over the noodles; toss until well blended.
- 5Transfer mixture to a 2 quart casserole that has been lightly coated with cooking spray; cover and bake in a 350° oven for 15 minutes.
- 6In a small mixing bowl, mix together the bread crumbs and melted butter, toss to combine.
- 7Distribute evenly over the top of the casserole; bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until the top of casserole is slightly crusty.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.6
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 73.4 mg
- Sodium 247.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 11.0 g