Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
The national dish of Andorra made vegan. A lovely soup with summer vegetables. A traditional summer recipe from the Balearic Islands. You can use marjoram instead of oregano. Andorra is located in the eastern Pyrenees mountains and bordered by Spain and France.
- 8 cups water (can use all or part vegetable broth or add vegetable bouillion cubes)
- 2 cups cooked great northern beans (or pinto beans)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb zucchini, diced (200 grams)
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1⁄3 lb green beans, chopped small
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2-1 cup vegetarian sausage, sliced (or crumbled)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (1 tsp. dried) or 1 tablespoon marjoram (1 tsp. dried)
- Put the water in a big pan. When it starts to boil add the onion, carrot, and zucchini. Lower heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now add the beans, diced potato, the green beans cut into small pieces, and the cabbage. Add the vegetarian sausage. Cook for 20-25 more minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Finally, add the fresh oregano or marjoram (or 1 tsp dried), olive oil, soy sauce and the paprika. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- Makes 12 bowls of soup.