Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From dairygoodness.ca website.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup green beans, cut in pieces
- 1 (540 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 cup couscous (medium grain)
- 1 (540 ml) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped or 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta, diced
- In a large frying pan,melt the butter over medium-high heat.Brown onion,celery,pepper,garlic and beans.Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes,orange juice and stock. Bring to a boil,season with salt and pepper, add hot pepper sauce. Add couscous,stir and cover.
- Turn off the heat and let stand for 5 minutes or until the couscous has absorb all the liquid. Use a fork to seperate the grain. Add the chickpeas,herbs and feta,mix well and serve immediately.