Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious, savory, and comforting, this tater tot casserole has the same flavor and texture of Mom's classic dish, only with less fat and the added nutritional value of soy. Kids love it, too!
- 1 (12 ounce) package Boca meatless ground burger (or 4 Boca meatless burgers, crumbled)
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen tater tots
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen French-cut green beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute Boca Crumbles in olive oil over medium heat, stirring frequently, in large saute pan for approximately 8-10 minutes or until evenly browned.
- Add green beans and chopped onion saute for an additional 2 mins., stirring frequently.
- Add minced garlic and saute for one additional minute, stirring frequently.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, mixing thoroughly on reduced heat for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Place mixture in 9" x 13" rectangular cake pan.
- Cover mixture with frozen tater tots in neat rows.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 18-20 mins., or until tater tots are golden brown.
I can't believe I made this and liked it! However, my wife grew up in Middle America and in homage to the fabled "hotdish" I decided I would treat her to this vegetarian variation. Great winter food!