1 hr 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with onion and garlic (you can use plain diced tomatoes and add 1 cup chopped onion and 2-3 cloves minced garlic)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, rinsed,and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1In a large Dutch oven, saute celery and green peppers (onion and garlic if using plain diced tomatoes) in oil until veggies are tender, stirring frequently.
- 2Add in undrained tomatoes, beans, beer, chili powder, bay leaf, basil, oregano, salt and pepper to taste, and hot sauce.
- 3Bring to a boil; lower heat.
- 4Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- 5Remove and discard bay leaf.
- 6Ladle into individual serving bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Chili
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.5
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with onion and garlic