- Ready In:
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- In lg pot, saute zucchini, onion, peppers and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After DH and I moved away from the farm, and to the city...I haven't done as much cooking and very little canning. But I do come to Zaar and look for new recipes once in a while. I'm still cooking Zaar!! I like to play at Facebook, with my family and friends. A lot of my Zaar friends are there!! Yay! It's a good way to keep in touch. We travel more. We're looking at the European trips now. Hope to go in the springtime. I really want to see London, I think I lived there in a past life, I've been obsessed with it since I was 10 years old!!