Recipe by Lvs2Cook
I am not a vegetarian by any stretch of the imagination but I do have meatless meals often. This is on my "to try" list. I know I won't be using nearly as much cayenne as it calls for.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup sliced jalapeno (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- hot sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in oil in large stock pot until soft; add bell pepper and cook 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, beans, tomatoes, jalapenos, chili powder, cayenne pepper, hot sauce, 2 cups water and cumin.
- Simmer 2 hours, adding remaining water as needed.
- Serve with cheese and sour cream if desired.