- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 4 ounces canned small red beans, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a 10-inch skillet, heat oil; add onion and garlic and saute until the onions are softened.
- Add zucchini and cook, stirring constantly, until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Transfer bean mixture to a shallow 1 quart baking dish; sprinkle with cheese and bake until thoroughly heated, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Turn oven control to broil and broil until cheese is lightly browned.