Recipe by PSU Lioness
Recipe from "The Higher Taste" that is very good, but fattening. It's all worth it though. Also pretty simple.
- 3 zucchini
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder or 1 pinch hing
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter zucchini lengthwise and cut each piece in half.
- In bowl combine flour, bread crumbs and spices. Add water and stir.
- Fill skillet 1/3 full w/ oil, then heat.
- Dip zucchini pieces in batter and then into hot oil; fry on all sides until tender and crisp.
- Serve hot.