Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great Greek dish that can be served cold or hot. The dish is best when fresh new vegetables are plentiful.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large fennel bulbs, thinly slice with feathery leaves reserved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed, lightly crushed
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 medium cauliflower, divided into florets
- 3⁄4 cup green beans, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups button mushrooms, halved or quartered
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Warm the oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat; add the fennel and onion.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, coriander seeds, and tomatoes and cook, uncovered, until the vegetables are tender and any liquid has disappeared.
- In a separate pan steam the cauliflowers and green beans until just tender.
- Once the fennel and tomato mixture is ready, add the mushrooms and cook gently for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflowers and green beans, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm or cool.
EXCELLENT RECIPE! Made this for dinner tonight for 6 of us(had guests tonight!). I did not use fennel bulbs as I didnt have those at home. I used 1 tbsp. of corriander seeds this time, but will use about 3/4 tbsp. or a little lesser next time. This dish went very well with hot rotis! The flavour of the corriander seeds was amazing! I garnished it with corriander leaves as there was no parsely at home tonight. It is a WINNER, a recipe I will repeat often and one that I recommend to ONE AND ALL :-)rn