Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Good healthy, hearty full flavor stock.
Make and share this Vegetable Stock recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g sweet onion
- 453.59 g carrot
- 226.79 g fennel or 226.79 g anise
- 113.39 g mushrooms
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 tomatoes, core removed
- 226.79 g turnip
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 3785.0 ml water
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rough chop mushrooms, celery, turnip, tomato and garlic. Put in heavy stock pot with water, bay leaf and peppercorns.
- Cut onions, carrots and fennel into half-inch dice. Toss veggies with olive oil and spread on cookie sheet. Roast in 400 degree oven until they begin to caramelize, approximately 22-25 minutes.
- Remove veggies from oven and add to stock pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer very slowly for 8-12 hours. I place on wood-stove for the rest of the day.
- strain out solids from stock. Should yield 2 quarts.