Recipe by metallichick
I use this in some of my recipes, it's a great base. There's a fair bit of salt, but unfortunately when it comes to stocks it's what gives you more flavor.
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
This was a good stock but I would recommend cutting the pepper down by half as that's the strongest taste in the broth. I did need an extra 10 minutes boiling time to reduce from six cups to four. Made for New Kids on the Block, a tag game.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 cups celery
- 2 medium onions
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the Carrots into rounds and both the Celery and Onions into bite size pieces.
- Fry these in a pan with the Olive Oil and Spices until the Onions turn opaque.
- Add the water and get to a rolling boil.
- Boil until the vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Strain out the vegetables in a large grate strainer to keep the spices in the stock.
- Discard vegetables.