Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Great stew for the weekend or a cool evening. Ideal to start just before lunch.
Make and share this Vegetable Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 177.44 ml sliced onion
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 59.14 ml long-grain rice, uncooked
- 709.77 ml raw diced raw potatoes
- 473.18 ml sliced carrots
- 236.59 ml diced celery
- 473.18 ml canned kidney beans, drained
- 3.69 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 236.59 ml tomato sauce
- 118.29 ml water
- Brown onions and ground beef in skillet, drain.
- Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order given.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6 hours or until potatoes and rice are cooked.
Wow, this has something for everybody and makes a very hearty one dish meal. I made a small green salad for the side and dinner was served. Even DH enjoyed this! Simple to make and lots of flavor. Perfect for the winter months of snow and ice up here in the North. We enjoyed this recipe while watching "Ice Age, Continental Drift" and had a great evening. :D