Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great twist to your everyday Italian dishes! Try replacing the pasta with vegetable spaghetti. Pairs good with fish, chicken, lasagna, or whatever else you like. I love love love garlic so I add much more than this. If you prefer marinara sauce over the garlic and olive oil, prepare vegetables without them add the marinara sauce on the top once cooked.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large squash
- 4 -5 long carrots
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Using a grater, grate zucchini, squash, and carrots long ways to create long strips.
- Cut onion into long thin strips (dicing works also, but I prefer my onions to have the same spaghetti like form as the rest of the vegetables).
- Combine vegetables, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into a large skillet.
- Cook for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and serve!
Yum! Loved the lemon ini this. I scaled down the recipe for one and I used the full amount of garlic. Thanks! Made for PAC event in the contests/events forum. :)