Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
From "Eat Great Lose Weight" Time can be saved by buying already peeled and deveined fresh shrimp or easy-peel fresh shrimp
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 green cabbage, small head, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine water, soy sauce, cornstarch and sugar.
- Warm 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok over medium heat. Add cabbage, bell pepper, onions, asparagus and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in 1 tablespoon of soy-sauce mixture. Cook until mixture is thickened and coats vegetables. Spoon onto plate and keep warm. Warm remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet or wok. Add shrimp, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring 5 minutes or until shrimp are just opaque. Stir in sherry if using and remaining soy-sauce mixture. Cook until mixture is thickened and coats shrimp.
- Spoon shrimp over the vegetables and serve immediately.
Very easy to make! It tasted great.
Instead of soy sauce I use Mrs Bragg's Liquid Amino made from soy protein. Great recipe and so easy to make.