Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a simple recipe that is fresh and easy to make.
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable stock, or chicken stock if you prefer
- 3⁄4 cup garbanzo beans, raw, or cooked if you prefer
- 3⁄4 cup soybeans, shelled and cooked
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3⁄4 cup japanese cucumber, diced, or any other cucumber
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- Bring stock to a boil and then add quinoa. Cover and reduce heat to medium and simmer for approximately 12 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, prepare all other vegetables and herbs. I prefer raw garbanzo beans so I purchase dried beans and rehydrate them in water overnight.
- Once all the liquid has been absorbed by the quinoa, remove from heat and let cool. I’m too impatient so I put it in the fridge or freezer for a quicker cool down time.
- Once all ingredients are sufficiently chilled, place in one big bowl, sprinkle with the lemon juice, seasonings and olive oil and toss until well coated.
- Salad can be served chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy!