Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
A great vegetarian dish from sour cream and 2 cheeses!
- 2 eggplants
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 cup canned black beans
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt, drain and rinse eggplant slices.
- Cook black beans until soft.
- Saute onions in 4 Tbsp of olive oil for 10 minutes. Add garlic, drained beans, tomatoes, and nutmeg; mix well.
- Mash the beans to make a rough puree. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 in steamtable plan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Saute the eggplant slices in the rest of the olive oil for 2-3 minutes on eahc side, until tender. Drain on paper towels.
- Put a layer of eggplant slices on the bottom of the pan; cover with half of bean mixture. Repeat the layer, then finish with a final layer of eggplant.
- Beat the sour cream and eggbeaters together. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour over the moussaka.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.