Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
super healthy and quick pasta recipe in the new Good Housekeeping (June 07)
Make and share this Vegetable Lasagna Toss recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed with press
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 15 ounces white kidney beans, drained and rinsed (cannellini)
- 3 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- Heat 5 to 6 quart covered sauce pot of salted water to boiling over high heat. Add noodles and cook until tender, about 2 minutes longer than directions on package.
- Meanwhile, in non-stick skillet heat oil over medium heat, add garlic and broccoli and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add broth; cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until broccoli is very tender. Stir in tomatoes; remove from heat.
- Drain lasagna noodles; add to broccoli mixture in skillet and sprinkle with Romano. Toss to coat noodles.