Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I wish I could remember where I found this, probably in a newspaper food section. No meat in this dish, but broccoli, carrots and cheese. It is wonderful topped with the tomato sauce of your choice. If you make homemade sauce, it is the best!!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed with excess water squeezed out
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 3⁄4 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add carrots and onion.
- Cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Add broccoli, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to directions.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Stir 1 cup provolone cheese, ricotta, and egg into broccoli mixture.
- Lay out lasagna noodle, spread with mixture, roll up, placing in baking pan on coating of tomato sauce.
- Continue until all noodles are rolled up and in pan. Cover with sauce.
- Cover pan, baking at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover, sprinkle with remaining provolone cheese if desired, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Made these according to the recipe & used a homemade pasta sauce that I always have on hand! Have been looking for another great vegetable lasagna recipe that my son & DIL might like, & I think this one will do just fine the next time they are over for dinner! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]