1/1 Photo of Vegetable Chowder
Theresa P's Note:
This is one of my favorite winter time soups! Really comforting on a cold day! Very easy to make and everyone I know seems to love it. This re-heats well but it never lasts longer than a day at my house!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a soup kettle add all vegetables and the 3 cups water and chicken bouillon.
- 2Simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 3In a large saucepan melt butter.
- 4Stir in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes until nice and bubbly.
- 5Whisk in milk; bring to a boil.
- 6Add this to the vegetable-water mixture in soup kettle.
- 7Bring all to a simmer and add ham and shredded cheese.
- 8Bring to a simmer again and cook until cheese is melted and all is heated through.
- 9Serve and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.2
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 57.8 mg
- Sodium 395.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 10.0 g