Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a family favorite. My grandchildren do not like peas so I omit the peas when I make this for them.
- 3 potatoes, cubed in a small size
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package frozen peas
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook vegetables and seasonings until tender. DO NOT DRAIN.
- Blend butter and flour, and then add milk. Cook until thickened and add 2 cups shredded cheese.
- Stir into the vegetable mixture. ENJOY!
This was a nice simple recipe, but it was a little bland. I think next time I will add some onions or something. Also, it was a little thin, so next time I will add more flour. Thank you for posting!
Soooooo tasty! I simmered the soup for a while, which caused the peas to get a little runny, which made the soup even more delicious!
This was pretty good - a nice comfort food on a cool autumn night. I also left out the peas, and added Worchester sauce to spice it up... Quite a good addition, i must say. I had no idea what exactly to do with the vegetables, so i sauteed them a bit and then boiled them.