1/3 Photos of Vegetable Cheese Skillet
My family loves it as a non-meat meal, but you could also use it as a side dish. The vegetables used are really just whatever you like all thrown together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 cup finely chopped vegetables (I use broccoli, squash, carrots, onions, but use whatever you want)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked egg noodles
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1In a 9 inch skillet that has a flameproof or removeable handle, heat margarine over medium heat until bubbly and hot.
- 2Add vegetables (except mushrooms) and garlic.
- 3Saute until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and continue sauteing, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes.
- 5Add egg noodles, milk and parsley and stir to combine thoroughly.
- 6Sprinkle with cheese and transfer to broiler.
- 7Broil until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Cheese Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.1
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.9 mg
- Sodium 467.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper