- 500 g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 500 g onions, peeled and chopped
- 500 g leeks, peeled and chopped
- 500 g celery, chopped
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 whole star anise
- 1 3⁄4 liters vegetable stock (strained)
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 cup leek, julienned
- 1 cup red capsicum, julienned
- 1 cup celery, julienned
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Stock:.
- Combine all ingredients in large saucepan.
- Cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 90 minutes, then strain and discard solids.
- For the Broth:.
- Strain stock through a muslin lined sieve.
- Blanch all julienned vegetables in a little of the vegetable stock until tender.
- To serve, divide julienned vegetables amongst bowls and pour hot stock over. Season with salt and pepper.