Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy soup.
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained, cut up
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked quick-cooking barley
- In 3-quart saucepan, cook ground beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked, drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables and barley are tender.
I doubled this recipe. I used petite diced tomatoes instead of stewed tomatoes and canned mixed veggies instead of frozen. This was good and easy to make. We did feel that it needed some seasoning. I did add pepper and some salt but hubby thought it was still missing something. The kids and I enjoyed it though.
Very quick and delicious. I added 1/2 c leftover kidney beans and cleaned out the leftover veggies from the fridge. You could pretty much throw anything in this and it will work. Good post!