Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a colorful side dish, with a surprising amount of flavor. The recipe makes four side dish servings, but honestly, I could eat the whole thing by myself :).
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded carrots
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt and pepper
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until lightly browned; do not drain fat.
- Add the onion rings and shredded carrots and sauté until the onion is limp but not browned, about five minutes.
- Add the baby spinach, dill weed, salt and pepper; cook and stir until the spinach wilts.
- Serve warm.
This was good... thank you.
This is a great and healthy veggie dish! I don't care for onions so left them out, otherwise made as directed. Quick and easy and absolutely delicious - thanks for posting the recipe!
Clare what a tasty side dish! I whipped this up this morning to serve tonight (I'll just reheat when ready to searve), and doubled the recipe to serve five people, my son can eat enough for three LOL! Also, I omitted the dill, not a favorite at my house, this is delicious and will go great with my steaks! thanks for posting Clare!...Kittencal:)