Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
You can alter the amounts for your taste, however, this warm winter-y stew has a delicious combination filled with the components of a balanced meal. Add onions or garlic - I leave them out because I am allergic.
- 946.36-1182.95 ml miso or 946.36-1182.95 ml vegetable broth
- 5 large mushrooms, sliced
- 118.29 ml corn
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 236.59 ml celery leaves, packed
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 118.29 ml dried beans
- 59.14 ml quinoa, uncooked
- 59.14-118.29 ml soymilk, unsweetened
- 2 bay leaves
- italian seasoning
- garlic powder
- fresh ground pepper
- In a large pot, or crock pot, combine all ingredients except for soy milk.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 2 hours (until beans are soft).
- Pour in soymilk just before serving to desired creaminess.
- *I like miso-broth, but use any broth you choose. Tomato juices makes a nice option, too. Use varied amount, if you would like a more ‘broth-y’ soup, or more of a stew. I used about 4-5 cups.
i've made this recipe twice and have just used the veggies i had in the house (no celery either time). it's a good recipe, but we found that it's great the next day. if you can, plan to make this a day ahead so it becomes even more chowder-like for the next day.