Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love this recipe - it is so versatile and easy, everything goes from blender to saucepan, there's no fuss about cooking egg yolks properly, and using tapioca starch means that you can freeze it or bake it and it won't separate! My "soused" version uses my Soused Strawberries and has flavour hints of the liquor I used (the alcohol dissipates though). Adapted from http://www.chocolatemoosey.com/2012/06/04/vegan-strawberry-curd/
- 13 ounces chopped strawberries (like Soused Strawberries )
- 2 tablespoons sucanat or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and puree until completely smooth. Pour into a saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and cook just until the mixture starts to boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook, stirring frequently, just until it thickens.
- Pour into a jar and let cool to room temperature before refrigerating.