1/8 Photos of Vegan Pumpkin Pie
This comes from the Vegetarian Times Complete Thanksgiving Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 7 tablespoons whole wheat flour, plus more for rolling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vegan sugar or 1/2 teaspoon granulated cane syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons soymilk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 -4 tablespoons water
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup low-fat soymilk or 1 cup rice milk
- 3/4 cup granulated cane syrup
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon dark molasses (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1To make the crust, in a medium bowl, combine flours, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- 2In a small bowl, mix oil and soy milk mixture.
- 3Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients and mix with a fork until dough holds together in a ball.
- 4If it is too dry, add some water, a little at a time, until dough is moist enough to roll.
- 5(If time allows, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.) Roll out dough on lightly floured surfaced with a floured rolling pin, forming an 11-inch circle.
- 6Line a 9-inch pie pan with the dough.
- 7Flute or crimp the edges with your fingers or a fork.
- 8Cover with plastic and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 9Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- 10To prepare the filling, in a large bowl, mix all remaining ingredients until smooth and blunted.
- 11Pour into prepared crust and smooth top.
- 12Bake 10 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to 350F and bake until filling is set, about 50 minutes.
- 13NOTE: For best results, filling must set overnight in the refrigerator, so make it the day before you want to serve it.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.4
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 496.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: