Recipe by BusyBeeHoneyBee
You could replace all of the vegan ingredients with their non-vegan counterparts....but where's the fun in that? This is a really tasty one.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved (red and yello)
- 1⁄2 lb soy vegetarian sausage links, cooked and thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated soy mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, yeast and salt in a bowl.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup warm (110 degrees) water until a soft dough forms.
- Divide dough into 4 portions.
- Using hands, roll dough into balls.
- Coat with cooking spray, cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rise, 30 to 45 minutes.
- When ready to cook, place each ball of dough on a piece of wax paper and flatten into a 4-inch circle.
- Coat grill with cooking spray and heat on high.
- Gently place dough onto grill and cook until dough puffs and underside stiffens (about 30 seconds); flip and reduce heat to low.
- Mix topping ingredients, then divide among crusts.
- Cover grill. Cook until cheese melts, 5 to 6 minutes or more.
- Slice and serve.