Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was on my way home one night dreaming of pizza. I wanted something other than capsicum, mushrooms, olives and soy cheez and I wanted a hint of heat too. This is what I came up with! This makes one medium pizza and I imagine that omni's would like it too.
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 120 ml soymilk
- 1 pizza crust (pre-prepared and vegan friendly or make your own)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 100 g sweet potatoes (peeled and sliced 2mm thin)
- 2 tablespoons chickpeas (cooked, drained and rinsed)
- red onion (two thin rings, seperated)
- handful rocket
- 1⁄2 red capsicum (bell pepper, sliced and diced)
- 1 tablespoon coriander (chopped finely)
- 1⁄4 fresh chili pepper (optional, sliced thinly)
- TO MAKE CURRY SAUCE.
- Melt margarine in a small saucepan and remove from stove.
- Stir in flour and curry powder until smooth.
- Return to stove and gradually add the soy milk, stirring continuously until thickened. Place to the side.
- TO MAKE PIZZA.
- Pre-heat oven to 230°C.
- Mix the oil and garlic together and spred onto the pizza base and then spread the curry sauce evenly over this.
- Lightly steam the sweet potato until just tender (I use a steamer bag in the microwave for 45 secs) and then place onto the curry sauce base.
- Follow with chickpeas, onion, rocket and capsicum.
- Place in oven for 8 minutes for pre-prepared pizza (as per instructions for homemade).
- Upon removal, evenly distribute coriander and chilli (if using) over the top of the pizza.
Healthy Food.Keep posting like this.like to see it.
Several changes were made during the prep of this recipe ~ I didn't peel the sweet potatoes (since I like the skins!) & I used only about half of what was suggested for the chili pepper (& I minced it)! Other than that, the recipe was followed, & we had a very nice tasting pizza for supper! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my Vegan partners in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 10]